Know the tools needed for FIRST Robotics programming. Learn how to install them on your laptop.
- Download and Install JDK 8:
- Visual Studio Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/download
- Install VSCode Extensions:
- Java Extension
- C++ Extension
- WPILib Extension: https://github.com/wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib/releases/tag/v2019.0.0-alpha-4
Create Your First Robot Project
- Click Ctrl+Shift+P to access the command palette.
- Type in WPILib
- Select Create a New Project
- Select the kind of project you want to create. It can be an example project or one of the template projects provided by WPILib.
- Select the language that you are using for your project.
- Select CommandRobot for the template type.
- Select the folder to place the project.
- Enter your team number in the generated field.
- And last, click “Generate Project” and VS Code will create the project in the location specified.