Understand the basic robot code structure to get started with programming FRC robots.
Steps to create Your Robot project in VS Code
- in VS Code, click Ctrl+Shift+P to access the command palette.
- Type in WPILib
- Select Create a New Project
- Select the kind of project you want to create. It can be an example project or one of the template projects provided by WPILib.
- Select the language that you are using for your project. In this case, Java.
- Select CommandRobot for the template type.
- Select the folder to place the project.
- Enter your team number in the generated field.
- And last, click “Generate Project” and VS Code will create the project in the location specified.