It’s no accident that we have the word “Green” in our name! The conservation of the environment’s resources is one of the most pressing concerns of our generation. Carbon dioxide emissions, the erosion of our natural resources, and the rise of global temperatures all threaten the future of this generation. We at Green Hope Robotics strive to bring awareness to the community through our Ecobotics program. Our goal is to spread cognizance of our role in changing the environment to all FIRST teams in hopes that they will make changes in their own communities.
OUR ECOBOTICS PLAN FOR ROBOTICS TEAMS:
To pave the way for individuals and FIRST teams to be Eco-friendly, we’ve created a list of things we do to be green.
- Use renewable and Eco-friendly parts on robots whenever possible.
- Digitize and reduce paper use whenever we can.
- Create green volunteering opportunities within our community.
- Use the space provided to us efficiently.
- Encourage our team to hold virtual meetings in Google hangouts whenever possible.
- Institute our E-watt lightbulb program as both a fundraiser and a green initiative.
- Use ecofriendly cotton in our team t-shirts.